Sunday, July 10, 2011

Homemade Fudge Pops With Tutorial

I found the recipe for the fudge pops at allrecipes.com



Homemade Fudge Pops
(makes 12 frozen treats. I doubled the recipe to make 24 frozen treats.)

You can also find the recipe HERE

3/4 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
4 cups milk ( I used 1% milk)
  • Stir together sugar, flour, and cocoa powder in a large sauce pan (I double the recipe, so I used  large pot)
  •  Stir in half of the milk into the dry mixture and whisk until completely combined and smooth.
  •  Stir in the rest of the milk.
  •  When the rest of the milk is completely incorporated. Heat on medium heat. 
  •  Stir the mixture constantly (so that it won't scorch) until it comes to a full rolling boil.

  • Continue stirring and allow the contents to boil for two minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool  until warm (about 20 minutes).
  •  Pour warm mixture into an empty (and clean) ketchup or syrup bottle. I do this because it is much easier to fill the molds.
  •  Fill each section of the mold about 7/8 full.  About 1/4 cup per mold.
  •  When all the molds are filled, place to mold top on each section.

  •  Of  course, I discovered that several of my tops are missing ( naughty children). I had to improvise by using four small plastic knives I dug out of my stash of plastic silverware.
  •  Place in the freezer until completely frozen ( I usually just let them stay in overnight).
  • To remove fudgesicles from the molds, run hot water over the molds for a minute or two, or let sit on the counter for five minutes before removing.
 If you don't own frozen pop molds you can use 4 ounce or 6 ounce clean yogurt containers. You can also use 4 ounce wax coated or plastic paper cups (if you use plastic cups you can wash and reuse them). Just line them up on a large cookie sheet. Craft sticks (found at most dollar stores) or small plastic knives work great for handles. To get your "handles" to set straight, chill the fudge pop mixture for one hour before inserting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment